It enables a relatively large inventory to be directed to a single
operator at one fixed location.
By eliminating walking and searching, MIMs produce a more efficient
"parts to picker" instead of "picker to parts" workflow. Productivity
gains of up to 400% over static shelving and racking can be expected.
MIM consists of an electrically powered, specially designed horizontal
carousel that fits and secures inside a 20 by 8 by 8 1/2 foot, ISO/ICC,
double door, full-side-access container.
carousel is made up of fully enclosed, dust-resistant bins that travel
on a closed loop track inside the container. Materials stored in the
bins are accessed through the doors of the container.
Two sets of operator controls allow personnel to
operate the carousel from either end of the container. The storage bins
are primarily accessed through the ends of the container, but may be
accessed through any of the doors around the perimeter of the container.
Special Features and
- Rugged design allows transportation and
operation of carousel with up to 1000 lbs of payload in each storage
- Carousel can be operated and accessed from
any side of the container
- Shelf positions are adjustable on 2-inch
- Fully enclosed, dust-proof storage bins
- Equipped for manual or host computer control
- Multiple voltage operation
- Redundant control circuitry
- Redundant drive components
- Entire carousel can be removed in one unit
for container reconditioning
- Shipped assembled, tested, and installed in
ISO ICC type container
- Reduced personnel requirements - Entire
inventory can be directed towards a single operator at one location
- Increased productivity - Gains of up to 400%
over static shelving and racking can be expected by eliminating
wasted walk and search time
- Increased picking accuracy - When combined
with inventory management software, MIMs increase order accuracy and
help keep inventory count correct
- Efficient space use - sixteen internal
storage bins have a total capacity of 370 cu ft
- Security - Entire inventory is encased in a
lockable, steel, ICC shipping container
- Transport - Empty or stocked unit can be
shipped by land, sea, or air
- Shelf load capacity: 100 lbs
- Bin load capacity: 1000 lbs
- Carousel load capacity: 16,000 lbs
- Bin size: 27 3/8" deep x 21 11/16" wide x 75"
- Vibration: The carousel can withstand a
maximum of 2Gs at frequencies less than 20 Hz or 1.2 Gs at
frequencies between 20 Hz to 50 Hz.
- Tilt: The carousel system can operate at a
tilt of 2° from horizontal in any direction. During transit the
system can withstand a tilt of up to 45° from horizontal in any
- Temperature: The carousel system can operate
in ambient temperatures of -30° F to 120° F.
- Moisture: The system is tolerant of dripping
or splashing liquids but shall not be operated with any component
- Power: The carousel system can operate on the
following voltage sources; 115 V AC, 60 Hz, 1 PH, 30 A; 230 V AC, 60
Hz, 1 PH, 30 A; 230 V AC, 60 Hz, 3 PH, 30 A; 460 V AC, 60 Hz, 3 PH,